Configuring the PIPE Email Gateway method is probably the hardest part of a HiveMail setup, so in this article we will show you how to do it when using cPanel.
To set up the PIPE method, you need to edit the process.php file located in the gateway folder inside the HiveMail installation package. Edit this file and change the variable $hivemail_path so that it matches the location of the HiveMail installation on your account. For example, if HiveMail is installed in /home/user/public_html/hivemail, the variable should be changed to:
$hivemail_path = '/home/user/public_html/hivemail';
Now, to set up the PIPE method, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel and click the Default Address icon located in the Mail section.
- Select the domain under which you have HiveMail installed and click Advanced Options.
- Click the radio button for the Pipe to a Program option.
- Type the path to your HiveMail process.php file. The path should be relative to your home folder. For example, if HiveMail is installed in /home/user/public_html/hivemail and you have uploaded the process.php file there, the path you should enter here is public_html/hivemail/process.php
- Click the Change button to save the change.
The important thing to remember here is that the Default Address handles only unrouted emails, i.e. mail accounts which have not been created in cPanel. This is a great feature because you can still have mailboxes which you don't want to use with HiveMail and at the same time have only HiveMail users who don't need separate cPanel mail accounts.
You need help with an application? hostlantern is specialized in hosting and supporting more than 200 scripts. Sign up for our web hosting services and let us help you with your application, 24/7!